Alabama Food Handler Training and Manager Certification
Alabama Food Safety Handler Manager Training Courses & ANSI Exam
- Food Safety Manager Certification
- Food Handler Training
Alabama Food Safety Manager Principles Course & ANSI-CFP Certification Exam
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course will give you the proper food safety training to help you prepare for the nationally accredited certification exam of the ANSI-CFP (American National Standard Institute – Conference for Food Protection). The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training leading up to the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam. This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
Course Hours: 8 Hours
Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Food Safety Management Principles Course (English) – $85.00
- Food Safety Management Principles Course (Spanish) – $85.00
- Food Protection Manager Certification (ANSI-CFP) Exam – $55.00
- Special: Food Safety Management Principles Course with Exam – $99.00
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification (CFPM) Exam is approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). The intent of this examination is to certify that each food manager has demonstrated by means of a food safety certification examination to a certifying organization that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from food borne illness.
This accredited exam is accepted in most states and jurisdictions* that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The final exam must be passed with a 70% or higher to get credit for completion of this course. Please remember, your examination must be proctored.
*This exam is not accepted in Connecticut and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Help with Exam
- Before the Exam: To login to the exam you will need the username and password sent to you in the exam enrollment notice email. If you did not receive your username and password contact Customer Support at 855-796-3525. IMPORTANT: You must have your Username and Password available when you arrive to take the exam.
- To Schedule Your Exam Online: Click here
- End of Course/Exam Instructions: Your Official Certificate will be mailed within 15 business days of completing the exam, however, a printable Proof of Completion document is available via the LMS once you complete and pass the final exam. (400K- PDF) – Download
Alabama Food Safety Handler Training Course
Most people working in restaurants and non-restaurant facilities need a Food Handlers Card. To get the card, food handling and serving personnel should complete food handling training. After completing the course, they have to present the food handlers certificate to their local authority and pay the required registration fees.
Food Handler Training is often intended for entry-level professionals in the food service industry, such as servers, chefs, cooks, cashiers, and even c-store clerks. The Food Handler Certificate will require the learner to complete a brief 2-hour training course covering basic food safety principles. At the conclusion of the course, the learner will be tested on their knowledge of the content and learning outcomes. Upon successfully passing the exam, the learner will be issued a Food Handler’s Certificate document (or card).
The Learn2Serve.com Food Handler Training course will discuss various food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment. It will help you to better understand how handling food correctly is not only the law, but it improves safety and reduces risks.
Credit Hours: 2 hrs
At the conclusion of the Food Handler Training Certificate program, you should be able to:
- Identify biological, physical, and chemical contamination.
- Identify foodborne illnesses, signs of food spoilage, types of food prep contamination, and proper temperature control methods.
- Safely store and prepare meat, poultry, and vegetables.
- Demonstrate effective food handling techniques that promote cleanliness and safety in food establishments.
- Discuss the importance of proper personal hygiene in the workplace.
- Implement appropriate procedures to receive and store food.
- Summarize practices for properly cleaning and sanitizing food contact materials and surface.
Upon successful completion of the course and the exam, you will earn your food handler certificate of completion from your training page.
Alabama Food Safety State Requirements:
As of January 1, 2010, Alabama requires Food Protection Manager Certification for a person in charge of a food establishment and demonstrate knowledge of food safety as outlined in 2005 Model Food Code. Taking an approved Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) Training Course and passing an Exam is how to get certified. Local requirements may vary.
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is accepted in all states that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals.
Alabama Food Establishment Sanitation - Chapter 420-3-22 (PDF)
Alabama Department of Public Health
Division of Food, Milk and Lodging
201 Monroe Street, Suite 1250
Montgomery, AL 36104
Phone: (334) 206-5373
Major cities served: Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, Montgomery, Jefferson, Mobile, Huntsville.
Alabama Food Safety Training Requirements & Re-Certification:
Food Safety Training Required For Managers: Yes
Food Safety Training Required Food Handlers: Yes - Jefferson and Mobile Counties (see below)
Certification Exam Required: Yes
Re-training Frequency Required: 2 years
Re-certification Exam Required: 2 years
Local Requirements: Jefferson and Mobile Counties require food handler training.
Food Managers: Retail food establishment person in charge must be a Certified Food Safety Manager. Certification may be obtained by passing an approved/proctored Certified Food Protection Manager exam.
Food Handlers: All food workers are required by regulations of the Jefferson County Department of Health to either take the Food Handler training course from the Health Department, or to be trained by a Certified Food Safety Manager and thereafter work only at establishments where there is a Certified Food Safety Manager on duty at all times.
Jefferson County Health Department
1400 Sixth Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35233
Food Managers: Retail food establishment person in charge must be a Certified Food Safety Manager. Certification may be obtained by passing an approved/proctored Certified Food Protection Manager exam. Re-certification is every two years.
Food Handlers: Retail food establishment employees are required to obtain a food handler card. Re-certification is every five years.
Mobile County Health Department
251 North Bayou Street
Mobile, AL 36603